Athletic Hall of Fame
John B. “Jack” Gilbert, LL.D. ’90
Jack Gilbert, a former member of the CLU Board of Regents, was one of the most generous lifetime donors in the history of the University. A self-made man, Jack founded Zero Corporation in 1952 and later listed the company on the NYSE. In Ventura County, he started TOLD Corporation to pursue real estate development. He and his wife, Carol, took great pride in Cal Lutheran and believed in its potential to serve the surrounding region. The Gilbert Sports and Fitness Center is testimony to their generosity and influence on the success of the University, both on the field and off. Honored for philanthropy by many organizations during his lifetime, Gilbert will perhaps be remembered best as the father of modern athletic facilities at CLU.